Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Leaving The Little Apple

Today was my last day in Manhattan, KS.  Since the day I left for Sorority Recruitment in the fall of 2007 I have resided in "The Little Apple" and have loved every minute of it!  This past year I found out who my true friends are and can't help but worry about how much I am going to miss them!  I find myself constantly requesting that they SAVE their money and visit me in LA ASAP!  I even resorted to forcing my friends Matt and Tommy to sign a contract written on a napkin at Porter's one night at 1:30 in the morning while we were out and about in Aggieville. The contract stated that they would both visit me within the next year. I will be sending it to my lawyer to make sure all agreements are upheld.  To my friends who are reading this... I will nag you until I see a receipt from the plane ticket you purchased with the destination set to the  LAX Airport.    I am not above bribery OR black mail. Yes, that is a threat.  I am so grateful for my friends who took the time to organize a dinner and convince everyone to come out afterwords on a Tuesday night to spend my last night in Aggieville with me. I love you all and can't wait to get to come back to Manhattan for a little reunion!  I don't know what I am going to do without you because I know each of you have saved my life at least once. (Lane, Alyssa, and Ashley... your number may be higher)  I loved that I got to spend a day with my roommate from freshman year and best friend, Kelsey Fagan!  She left me for an entire semester for Italy and I'm trying to not hold a grudge.  She better make it up to me by booking a flight as soon as she isn't tied down by a final project in studio.  Gosh how much I hate those.

With Kelsey (my old roomie) at a Royals Game last summer

I am also crossing my fingers that I can convince Megan Norman, another close friend, to just move out to LA and live with me.  I am very scared about the fact that I do not know A SOUL in Cali and am finding it very difficult to picture my days without Meg giving me advice about boys, clothes, and life in general while laying out by the pool with drink in hand.

With Megan and Ashley on Fake Patties (I WILL MISS YOU SO MUCH) 

Today my sister and I will be making our way to southwestern Kansas in order to say my goodbyes to the rest of my family.  My parents and little brother will be leaving Friday after loading up the rest of my stuff from my apartment in Manhattan.  We will stay in our cabin in New Mexico (my favorite place on earth) for a couple days before traveling on to Arizona where we will stay the night and then head on west to California, hoping to arrive in LA that afternoon.  It will be a long trip, and an adventure to say the least!

Keep me in your thoughts and prayers and stay tuned for future posts about my transition from small town USA to life in HOLLYWOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment